Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Get to Know Neil Thrailkill


Most people may be accustom to seeing our Superintendent Neil Thrailkill out driving on the course- but how much do you really know about Neil? 


 

1. How long have you worked at SilverHorn?
I have worked at SilverHorn for 17 years--was the first employee hired in April 1995.

2. What is it that you think makes SilverHorn unique?
SilverHorn is unique in that the location is only a few miles from San Antonio International airport but the course has a Hill country (get away type feel to it). Just a great property to build a golf course on and in a great location. Could easily play this course every day and not get tired of it.

3. What is your favorite golf hole at SilverHorn and why?
Since I was blessed to be able to be part of the design/construction of SilverHorn I would say that all the holes are my favorites. To be able to see the holes take shape during the construction process was an awesome experience especially having walked the property before any clearing or construction.

4. Where are you from?
I am from Robbins, North Carolina--same small home town as my buddy John Edwards.

5. What do you when you're not at SilverHorn?
Love to play golf, spend time boating, church activities, and sit on my butt when I am not at SilverHorn.

6. What is one think most people at SilverHorn don't know about you? 
Most people probably do not know that I was in our volunteer rescue squad unit when I was in High school and had the opportunity to deliver a baby while on duty one day--in the back of a Volkswagon Bug!!

Nthrailkill@centurygolf.com

No comments: